- Click Errors metric
- There are hundreds of different error types.
- Not all errors are actually user-impacting.
Let’s walk you through how to use our new feature to address these.
TOP JS ERRORS ON CLARITY PROJECTS
Across all Clarity projects, we do also see some common error types—if you have one of the following, you’re not alone:
- Illegal invocation error (7.4% of projects)
- This is typically caused when the “context” of a function is lost. In other words, a function’s keyword is not referring to the object it originally did.
- Unexpected Token ‘<’ (6.5% of projects)
- This is caused by an unclosed <script> tag.
- ResizeObserver Loop Limit exceeded (5.7% of projects)
- This means that your ResizeObserver wasn’t able to deliver all observations in a single animation frame. This error is typically not user-impacting and can be safely ignored.
- JQuery is not defined (3.4% of projects)
- This refers to a function in your code that depends on jQuery, but the code contains no additional reference to jQuery
We also observe with JS errors, low effort typically yields a high reward. Our data shows that >30% of Clarity projects have a single error responsible for more than 50% of all script error issues. This means that resolving just one error type could result in a substantial improvement across your site and your users’ experience!
Let us know your thoughts—we always welcome feedback!